What is the best thing that I love about my work?
-Freedom…the total,unconditioned,unlimited freedomThe possibility of being myself every day…in always new ways.The possibility to open always new unkown doors every day and to enter in new fantastic words to find new ,unexpected colors,lines,forms,spaces,eyes,laughs,people,photos,papers…
What is my idea of perfect happiness?
– To have peace in my heart.Peace means to be in tune with my being,with my shadows and lights,with my force and with my weaknesses….all in a perfect balance, all in its unique perfect place and in harmony with all…me….the universe,my art,my colors,my camera,my cats,my tiny flowers.
What is my greatest fear?
– It seems strange yes,but I’ve not great and a greatest fear…I think it’s all perfect in my life now,really all…it’s all perfect in this terrible and wonderful universe,all ,all has its own raison d’être.
What is the trait that I most deplore in myself?
–I am very surly and wild
Which living persons in my profession do i most admire?
–Jeff Koons, Ai Weiwei, John Baldessari, Cindy Sherman, Jenny Holzer, Joel Peter Witkin, Jan Saudek….many many other
What is my greatest extravagance?
-My love for cats…I’ve 20 cats
On what occasion would I lie?
-Always…oh naturally I lie always not……???!!!!…..
What is the thing that I dislike the most in my work?
-To sell my art…it’s really a hard work….but the worst part is dealing with galleries and gallery owners . I prefer to sell my work personally and directly.
When and where was I the happiest, in my work?
– Every day….believe me every day is a new ,fantastic adventure,always a new, wonderful shamanic journey in myself,in the world,in my heart,in my mind,in my knots,in my threads.
If I could, what would I change about myself?
-Nothing….I’m perfect so as I’m am….everyone is perfect as it is…everyone is a wonderful unique being with their own gifts,their own colors.
What is my greatest achievement in work?
–verything I’ve done so far,I love all I’ve done so far….Every day has been it was fundamental and important for me,for my work,for my artistic research.
What do the words ‘The Financial Freedom to Create’ mean to me?
-All and nothing….all because money is important….for all…for me as artist because I live of art and I want to continue to live of art…Art is energy,money is energy…all in the universe is energy.Money allows me to be free, not completely free obviously,but free enough in many things I do every day….artistic things and not….
Where would I most like to live?
Rome,Italy…I love Rome
What is my most treasured possession?
-Silvia ,my sweet and beloved wife
What is my most marked characteristic?
What is my most inspirational location, in my city?
-My garden naturally…..
What is my favourite place to eat and drink, in my city?
–y kitchen with my sofa
What books influenced my life and how?
– ‘’The Man of Jasmine’’(Unica Zurn),’’Ariel’’(Sylvia Plath),’’ A Room of One’s Own’’(Virgina Woolf),’’Poems’’(Pier Paolo Pasolini)….oh,the reason?I’m so as I’m,I See,I feel- art thanx to these wonderful souls
Who are my favorite writers?
-Pier Paolo Pasolini,Virginia Woolf
You Only Die Once. What music would I listen on my last day?
Who is my hero or heroine in fiction?
– Edward hand scissors
Which movie would i recommend to see once in a lifetime?
– ‘’Human Flow’’(Ai Weiwei)
What role plays art in my life and work?
-All my art,24 hours every day is art since 30 years…I create every day since 30 years….it’s wonderful,a magic that happens every day
Who is my greatest fan, sponsor, partner in crime?
-Oh naturally Silvia,my wife
Whom would I like to work with in 2019?
– With Diamanda Galas
Which people in my profession would i love to meet in 2019?
What project, in 2019, am I looking forward to work on?
-I’m working for 3 new shows,on a new series of t-shirts,on my new Tarots Deck.
Where can you see me or my work?
-On my web site:http://www.claudioparentela.net
On my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/claudio.parentela.1
On my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/claudioparentela62/
What do the words “Passion Never Retires” mean to me?
-If the passion is missing … life is missing …
Which creative heroes should Peter invite to tell their story?
-My 20 cats…everyone has a unique wonderful story to tell
How can you contact me?
-Writing me on my e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
my youtube links: