The Hero’s Journey Expert Certification
The Hero’s Journey Expert Certification course is intimate, intensive instruction in the ideas, frameworks, and approaches of Peter de Kuster’s storytelling.
This annual course, taught personally by Peter de Kuster certifies executives, managers, storytellers, consultants, and trainers as officially endorsed experts in Peter’s rich portfolio of storytelling and story questing frameworks, ideation tools and methods. The classroom instruction provides in-depth coverage of The Hero’s Journey principles and models, training and practice in creative The Hero’s Journey facilitation techniques, and approaches for effectively sharing these ideas with others. The focus is on transferring knowledge, skills and resources necessary for creating and enhancing compelling experiences — either for external clients or internal employees.
The Hero’s Journey Certification Course provides:
- Five days of face-to-face instruction with Peter de Kuster
- Five-year authorization to practice the endorsed methods and models
- Numbered and framed The Hero’s Journey Expert Certificate, signed by Peter de Kuster
- Special website for experts for all frameworks and models used in the course, plus a list of exemplars for each model and facilitation instructions for all exercises
- One day follow-up session, after being certified, with Peter de Kuster to be spent with either you alone, with your staff/employees, or with client(s), to jump-start the application of your certification training.
- The five-day course covers the following:
- Monday – The Hero’s Journey Transform your life and business.
- Tuesday – Hitting the Sweet Spot by using the Three Rules of Storytelling
- Wednesday – Customizing stories by discovery of your Clients Story and Seven Types of Storytelling
- Thursday – Making professionals better storytellers
- Friday – Going beyond stories to flow experiences
- Each day consists of:
- 1/3 of day: Presentation of storytelling frameworks and models
- 1/3 of day: Participation in facilitated exercises and review of facilitation instructions
- 1/3 of day: Open discussion among participants and ideation about alternative applications specific to each participant’s needs
In addition, some evening dining and other experiences will be scheduled.
The dedicated follow-up session provides an opportunity for each certified instructor to work side-by-side with Peter in applying the learned course material. This not only helps to ensure the course work becomes translated into action, but it enables Peter to offer additional feedback based on real-world interaction.
Admission into the course requires:
- Submission of the Hero’s Journey Certification course application. Each application is individually reviewed by Peter de Kuster who then makes the determination of accepted candidates
- Pre-course skype call with Peter to discuss your personal objectives for leveraging the training and Certification.
The application steps ensure that we admit only those candidates who demonstrate sufficient acuity with the principles outlined in The Hero’s Journey and who have compelling plans for leveraging their Certification within their organizations or with their clients.
Applications can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Course fees are Euro 3.995 excluding VAT which includes all materials and most meals. An invoice for 50% is assessed upon acceptance into the Course. The remaining fees will be invoiced 30 days prior to the Course, and must be paid in full prior to attendance.
Additional details on lodging and related activities will be sent following acceptance into the Course.
Questions? Contact Peter at 0031 6 33661772 or email email@example.com
Private Certification Courses Also Available
Based on market demand from companies who want more in-depth knowledge and understanding of our The Hero’s Journey content, we now offer private Certification programs on an “in-house” basis to individual companies. This approach is ideal for organizations who want to equip an ensemble of internal change agents intent on creating a more storytelling -focused enterprise.
The private course presents the same original Peter de Kuster material as found in the public course, with added focus on the company’s own marketplace challenges and opportunities. And we stage the course at your location, minimizing participant travel costs.
Private Certification Courses can be scheduled anytime throughout the year. Call 0031 6 33661772 or send along your email inquiry now to firstname.lastname@example.org