Testdrive your Dreamjob Paris
14- 16 March
Yes, you can try your hand at the career of your dreams without risking your present job, your next mortgage payment, or your kids’ future.
In this three day trip in Paris with Peter de Kuster as your travel guide you will discover how a ‘Testdrive in your Dreamjob’ – meeting rolemodels who are successful in a career you are thinking of or always wanted – can be the first step toward making that dream come true.
Revolutionary and practical, this hands-on journey from the founder of The Hero’s Journey will help you mesh your working life with your deepest sense of self as you learn how to:
- Plan a ‘Testdrive in your Dreamjob’ of your own in any career;
- Build the skills and gather the knowledge you’ll need to embark on your new career;
- Overcome the fear of starting your own business;
- Turn a layoff or other involuntary change into the opportunity of a lifetime;
- Design and create a dreamjob that does not exist … yet;
- Manage a smooth, safe transition from your present job to your dreamjob;
- Minimize financial risk as you embark on your bold new life.
We will travel in Paris in the footsteps of the movie Midnight in Paris where an advertising executive which is engaged to marry embarks on a midnight journey where he meets his heroes and heroines like Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Picasso, Dali, Gertrude Stein to get feedback on his career and life. A life transforming experience.
You will meet in this journey professionals in Paris who have the dreamjob you are considering. When you are not sure which dreamjob you want you meet people from different professions. For example you are considering being a book writer, a scriptwriter for movies or a culture journalist we plan meetings in the three days with a writer, a scriptwriter and a culture journalist in Paris. You will experience directly and first hand in meetings with rolemodels the passion, happiness and obstacles in having their dreamjob. You will be guided to extract the underlying principles which you can use in your own career.
Twelve Reasons for a Testdrive in Your Dreamjob
1. To make a testdrive in your dreamjob before you committ yourself to a career
2. To find a mentor
3. To learn about the ins and outs of a business
4. To make contacts in a profession or market
5. To raise your confidence level
6. To explore a passion
7. To satisfy your curiosity about ‘ the road not taken’
8. To test possible businesses when you don’t know yet what you want
9. To make an unusual, exciting journey
10. To try out something new and challenge yourself in new ways
11. To create a new story about yourself, your present company, job, lifestyle and future
12. To reconnect with some passion(s) inside of you
Join us for a truly transformational one day vacation for the mind.
Ticket costs Euro 2850 excluding VAT
You can have a preview of Testdrive in your Dreamjob on a special website here
You can reach Peter for a skype meeting about questions you have by mailing him at email@example.com
09.40 Tea & Coffee on arrival
10.00 Morning Session
13.00 Lunch Break
14.00 Afternoon Session
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storytelling firm which helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lifes and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.